Next Race: (Deanne)

November, 2009

Ironman Florida

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

WHY I TRI????

I figure there is no time like the present to take a few minutes and fill you in on a little bit of my background. My name is Deanne Hiscock and I moved to Hamilton about two years ago from the beautiful province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Back home I was driven with a passion for volleyball as I was a player, referee and coach.
I got into some bad habits, of course like a human would, smoking almost a pack and a half of cigarettes a day and drinking at least 3 times a week. IT WAS CRAZY! It's amazing how addictions can consume your life. So I decided to make the move, I needed a new lifestyle and I wanted to see what else was out there. I quit smoking the day I got on the plane and haven't turned back since. Now don't get me wrong. It wasn't that easy!
Being an addict I quickly realized the need to replace the addiction and so I joined the Hamilton Downtown YMCA. I started swimming with the Masters Swim Team, and though I was weak, I started to feel great. A few people mentioned the YMCA triathlon Team and so I then began to attend a few spin classes and in April I ran my first Kilometer. It's amazing how painful that was. Shortly after, I purchased a bike and began outdoor riding in May. The next month I raced my first Sprint Triathlon at the Binbrook Conservation Area finishing 3rd in the 750m swim, 27kmbike and 6.5km run.
I found my new Addiction. Since that time, I have raced 4 Sprint, 1 Olympic, 1 Long Course, and 2 Half Ironman competitions. I am currently in my 13th month of straight training this season as I prepare for the 2008 Ironman 70.3 World Championships that are going to take place November 8th in Clearwater, Florida.

WHY I TRI????


REASON 1: BECAUSE I CAN!!!!!!

DEE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck today guys. You will do great. and thanx for linking to my site.

Steve

Evan Dietz and Deanne Hiscock said...

No Problem....We are trying to figure all of this out