Next Race: (Deanne)

November, 2009

Ironman Florida

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Training Updates

July 29, 2009

Countdown to Florida: 102 Days


I returned from Peterborough feeling strong and ready to train. Of course, anyone who knows about training would understand that for some reason, you are no really alowed to feel strong. If you do, it's a sure sign something is about to go wrong.

For me it was a popped a rib (perhaps it happened during the race) leaving me unable to swim or even train at a high intensity for almost 2 weeks. My spirits were dampened and motivation weakened. I tried my best to stay positive but it was a facebook message from my sister that brought me around. No matter how crappy I feel, my family are still there and ready to support me. Thanks Cindy! I really needed the boost.

So I am back training now, at a higher intensity than ever. Feeling strong both mentally and physically (though particularly stiff these days due to intervals). My swim technique is slowly coming back which I owe to Coach Dan and numerous drills. I have decided it is time to bring some speed work into my running to try to knock some time off from my next half. These past couple of weeks seem to be bringing definite improvements in all areas.

Tonight's training:
1.5 hour run (Fartlek and drills) and a 1 hour bike followed by some fabulous lunges. It's gonna be great!

I'll post again soon!

Cheers

Dee

No comments: