Next Race: (Deanne)

November, 2009

Ironman Florida

Monday, August 17, 2009

L.O.S.T Swimming

The Lake Ontario Swim Team hosted it's 2nd Annual fun Iron Distance Open water fun race this past Saturday in Oakville. Evan and I were very glad to be a part of this well organized fun event that saw over 35 people swim the 3.8 km in Lake Ontario.

I was a little nervous/excited as this was my first ever swim in Lake Ontario as well as my first straight 3.8km. The water was a beautiful 70 degrees and the weather proved remarkable with hardly any wind.

As a test for myself leading up to the Ironman in November I had hoped to finish in under 1 hour and 15 minutes. I beat my expectations, finishing the 3.8km in 1 hour and 3minutes. To say the least I was very happy but now I have even more to focus on. I am planning on beating 1 hour in the near future.

The L.O.S.T swimming group meets every Saturday morning at 8 am in Oakville for a 1 hour swim. The people are wonderful and very knowledgable as most are competitive swimmers/triathletes. Just what I need as I head into the next couple of months of heavy training.

That's all for now.

Dee

No comments: