Next Race: (Deanne)

November, 2009

Ironman Florida

Friday, August 14, 2009

The New Bike

"My New Baby"

I rode my new bike for the 1st time yesterday and "WOW" what a thrill. I felt incredibly fast and my pedal stroke was so fluid. I almost felt as though I wasn't even working. I was a little nervous about riding a Tri Bike so I figured we'd best ride flat, at least for the 1st time. We were going to complete a 20 minute tempo following our warm-up however I was only able to do 10 as I had a client to coach. For the first time ever I was able to push my lungs into a full anaerobic state while on the bike. Usually my muscles cramp or give long before my lungs. It was amazing. I actually took Evan in the intial 5km however he blew me away during the rest. (I pushed for the sake of saying I could, though I was toast after. Evan kept going with no hesitation) It was just great to feel strong on the bike.

I couldn't have done it without the help of Elaine at Piereks Cycle. What a great job on fitting me! I watched this bike for months as it hung in the store knowing that it was perfect for me.......It Didn't Disappoint! Thanks Elaine!



Why I tri?
To experience the joys of improvements!

No comments: